Thursday 18 June 2009

How Are You treating your Clients?

If you want happy satisfied customers, treat them well!

I spent the best part of yesterday inviting complete strangers in to my home to quote for some pressing plumbing work, I had two experiences that were poles apart.

One of the guys briskly pushed passed me, climbed the stairs to the bathroom where he took no more than a second glance at the job in question and abruptly told me that he would have to knock down part of a wall to do the job, that it would be very difficult for him as there was little space, he tutted, he sighed and his general negativity towards the job made me feel very uncomfortable.

In stark contrast I was met with a smile and an extended hand as I opened the door to the other tradesman. He asked my permission to go and look at the job, he was courteous and allowed me to lead the way. He enquired about the job in hand and gave me the impression he was genuinely keen to help.

First impressions count! Whatever your business.

It’s simple really - Happy customers will buy from you and tell more people about you.

No comments: