Tuesday 1 June 2010

Is Your Door Of Opportunity Open?

Day 16 I'm Not Taking NO For A Answer

This morning my two youngest daughters aged 6 and 8 started a 3 day tennis course. I dropped them off at 9 am at the local tennis club, full of excitement and I guess some anticipation as neither daughter has played tennis before.

One hour later they came home beaming, great big smiles spreading across their little faces, ‘We love tennis, we love tennis’ they shouted in unison. What really astonished me was their openness and willingness to grasp an opportunity full on without knowing the outcome and ‘going for it’ with such gusto.

Mark Twain said “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.”

I believe opportunities are waiting around every corner. You never quite know when that door of opportunity is going to open wide. I'm also a great believer in the Law of Attraction, one of the fundamental laws of the universe, which states, we bring into our lives a reflection of what we are attracting, be it negative or positive.

My girls on average have 630,000 hours ahead of them to do with what they will, sleeping, working, playing, living, being, doing and having.

I've learned so much from observing my children. How about you will you be ready to reach out and grab opportunty when it next knocks, to throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harboor, Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover?

No comments: