Tuesday 15 June 2010

Bouncing Back

Its day Day 29 of ‘I’m not taking NO for an answer’ challenge and I’m bouncing back, (slowly) just as my 30 day challenge draws to a close. I’m not a quiter and like to see things through to the end, so today I want to share with you my top 3 ways for creating resilience, the ability to bounce back with ease.

1. Be your own best friend – you wouldn’t push your best friend so don’t be so hard on yourself. Be proud of who you are and learn to accept your weaknesses as well as your strengths. Spend some time doing things you enjoy, like listening to your favourite music, reading a book or magazine and take good care of yourself, eat well and rest.

2. Be Realistic – anyone who has ever set themselves a goal will be familiar with the acronym SMART and how it relates to goal setting. Learn from your current situation or mistakes and pay attention to your thoughts and feelings, maintain a positive frame of mind and do what seems right for you.

3. Have gratitude - years ago I would have called it ‘writing a diary’ but these days I place my focus on being thankful for my life, I now call it journaling, jotting down a few lines on who and what I am truly grateful for, the people I meet, the events and experiences I encounter, the caring and supportive relationships I have, my friends, family, pets, the weather, the sheets on my bed in fact anything that springs to mind as I make an entry. Giving thanks for those little things is a great way to remind yourself that there is good in just about everything. All things work for the greater good no matter how seemingly difficult things may appear at the time.

Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got ~ Janis Joplin

No comments: